This year, the Power of A is celebrating 10 years of communicating how associations are essential to a stronger America and world. Since its creation in 2009, the Power of A has served the association community by educating policymakers and others about our collective efforts to strengthen lives, the economy, the workforce, and our safety and security.
No other sector improves lives every day, in every way, like associations do.
Over the past 10 years, under the umbrella of the Power of A, we have shared your stories with state and federal legislators and their staffs, we have recruited ambassadors to spread the word, we have told prospective association workers about the benefits of our industry, and we have developed materials for you to take part in our movement. On the website, ThePowerOfA.org, you can find the latest association research, tools for incorporating the Power of A into your communications, and background and videos about the Power of A Awards. You also can sign up to become an ambassador, which we encourage you to do.
As the Power of A hits its stride, we want to remind you that the Power of A is not ASAE’s campaign, it’s yours. Here are ways that you and your association can let others know how America works best when we work together:
- Download the Power of A logo, link to ThePowerofA.org from your association’s website or advocacy web page, and share our graphics via social media,
- Become a Power of A ambassador,
- ReTweet the @Power_of_A Twitter feed,
- Apply for the Power of A Awards,
- Contribute to the Power of A Fund,
- Take part in the American Associations Day Fly-In, and
- Send us your Power of A In Action story for the website.
It’s a great time to be part of the robust association community, and an even better time to tell others about the great work we do to strengthen America and the world. If you have any questions or suggestions, please email us at PublicPolicy@asaecenter.org.